|Reconstruction of ancient Niniveh, situated on the eastern bank of the Tigris River from Hutchinson’s History of the Nations,1915 (up); Al Nouri Mosque (Prayer Hall) in winter 2020 © UNESCO (down).
- Howayda Al-Harithy (Saudi Arabia), Professor of architecture & design and Director of the School of Design at the American University of Beirut
- Ahmed Yousif Mahmood Alomary (Iraq), Department head, architectural engineering, University of Mosul
- Raya Ani (Iraq), Architect, RAW-NYC Architects
- Xavier Casanovas (Spain), Professor and expert in sustainable regeneration, Polytechnic University of Catalonia
- Amel Chabbi (United Arab Emirates), Head of Conservation, Departement of Culture & Tourism, Abu Dhabi
- Shahira Fahmy (Egypt), Architect, Shahira Fahmy Architects
- Dominique Perrault (France), Architect, Dominique Perrault Architecture
- Wang Shu (China), Architect, Amateur Architecture Studio, UIA Representative,
- Marina Tabassum (Bangladesh), Architect, Marina Tabassum Architects
- Jerzy Uścinowicz (Poland), Professor, Bialystok University of Technology, UIA Representative
- Doris Wälchli (Switzerland), Director of Brauen Wälchi Achitects.
Five awards will be allocated:
- First prize: 50,000 USD
- Second prize: 30,000 USD
- Third prize: 20,000 USD
- Fourth prize: 15,000 USD
- Fifth prize: 10,000 USD
The jury may also allocate honorary mentions at its discretion for entries with special merit.
The official language of the competition is English.
- Launch: 16 November 2020
- Registration Deadline: 21 December 2020
- Deadline for entries: 26 March 2021
- Jury Meeting: 4-11 April 2021
- Announcement of the Winner: 15 April 2021
Competitors will have the opportunity to ask questions to the Secretariat by email
For more information, visit the competition website